Monday, September 14, 2009

drinks and a movie


A few weekends back I dragged by husband to see Julie and Julia. I talked it up as being this great movie that was going to inspire me - maybe even inspire US. I had never heard of Julie but I've been a big Julia fan for ages. Before the movie we went to a bar and had a few drinks. Well thank goodness because the movie sucked! 


I take that back, the movie about Julia was delightful and I wanted more. Hell, I wanted a whole move about her. The Julie part was a complete snooze. I was not inspired or excited or eager to take on the world. I think all in all I just wanted more drinks. 


Afterwards I did do a bit of reading on Julie and from what I gathered the movie did not do an accurate job of depicting her. In fact tid bits I read said she wasn't nearly as sweet as the movie depicted her and that she cursed a lot. Personally, the real Julie sounded more interesting and I think I might had liked the movie more had we seen the real her. 


Anyhow, if you too are on an inspiration search.. don't rush to see this movie. Anyone else seen it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment